Highlights of Walk for Seva 2017
- Over 5000 socially conscious citizens of Pune are expected to participate in WFS 2017
- WFS 2017 Leadership Meet will bring together corporate and social leaders on one platform
- Publish the impact of various Seva Sahayog Programs:
- Samutkarsha (community learning center) Program
- Women Empowerment Program
- Kishori Vikas (adolescent girl child) program
- Corrective measures based on the report will be presented and deliberated
- Orientation after the walk is planned
Join the cause.
Walk with us
January 22, 2017
7:00am – 9:00am
About Walk for Seva
Walk for Seva (WFS) is an initiative by Seva Sahayog with an objective of transforming urban slum life through education, health and self-reliance through Samutkarsha, an intergrated slum development program.
The program works on three aspects:
- Education: Focus on development in academics through Study Centres (Abhyasikas), libraries and computer education.
- Health: Health and hygiene program for adolescent girls mentoring, providing preventive healthcare and vaccinations, guidance on good-affordable nutrition for better health.
- Self-reliance: The most crucial element of better living. Vocation training is imparted to develop skills needed for job. Self help groups are formed to provide a chance to be independent.
We aspire to make women from slums financially independent by enabling their capacity to earn livelihood for their family. Women empowerment programs are conducted for the women from slums and underprivileged section of the society.
These programs focus on making women financially independent and self-reliant. Under this program different skill development training's are conducted and women are encouraged to apply those skills for their betterment and livelihood.
Kishori Vikas Prakalp
The program works on three aspects:
Samutkarsha team identified that adolescent girls from the slums were facing challenges due to lack of support. These girls had developed low self-esteem due to lack of awareness during changes in adolescence. This was leading to problems such as health and hygiene issues, early marriages and problems during pregnancy and motherhood.
Some of the girls were also trapped in vicious problems, misled attraction and much more serious problems such as human trafficking which may not be directly solved but can be mitigated if the girls are empowered. In cognizance to the above issue, Kishore Vikas Prakalp was initiated to empower the girl child. Through KVP we build rapport with adolescent girls in slums by regular interactions and create a support system for the empowerment of the girl child as well as young women.
Under KVP adolescent girls are educated and trained on various aspects of health and hygiene, regular health checkups are conducted, activity based trainings are organized, diet awareness programs are held and sports activities are performed. Over 250 girls from 8 slums are benefited from KVP in the last two years.
Impact from WFS 2016
The WFS 2016 was held on January 17, 2016 witnessed overwhelming response from over thousands of student Abhyasika’s (study centers run by Seva Sahayog) with another thousand of professionals and dignitaries from various organizations across Pune.
COMMUNITY LEARNING CENTER – CLC
- Abhyasikas increased from 46 to 70
- Abhyasikas reach increased across Pune from Nigdi (PCMC) to Phursungi (PMC)
- Over 150 passionate company volunteers teach on weekends
- CLC now has over 180 trained part-time teachers and 7 full time coordinators
- More than 5500 underprivileged students attend CLC programs daily
- 37 Abhyasikas have access to computers during training
- A WHOOPING NUMBER OF OVER 10000 BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE AT 70 LIBRARIES WITH EACH LIBRARY HAVING MORE THAN 200 BOOKS
KISHORI VIKAS PRAKALP – KVP (ADOLESCENT GIRL CHILD PROGRAM)
- OVER 400 GIRLS HAVE RECEIVED GUIDANCE ON VARIOUS ISSUES THROUGH 13 KVP CENTERS
STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- 400 Students benefited from ‘Student Scholarship Program’ sponsored by our CSR partner
- An in-depth assessment was conducted for students from class 1st to 10th
WOMEN EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM
- Women Empowerment Program kick started with support from our CSR partners
- Over 1000 households were surveyed to access training needs for women
- More than 100 women has undergone computer education and soft skills training
- Over 400 women were trained to make different salable products
- Over 300 women directly benefitted from revenue generation activity through Seva Fair
Seva Sahayog is one of the largest networks of corporate, NGOs and socially conscious individuals in India. Over the past ten years, Seva Sahayog has partnered with over 300 corporate to connect more than 10,000 volunteers from 100+ NGOs.
Through its association with Seva International and a wide network of NGOs, Seva Sahayog has successfully run large initiatives in the field of Education, Technology, Self-reliance, and Health.
|School Kit Drive 2017 – Pune Assembly Schedule|
|6th and 7th May||9:30 am to 12:00 pm||kothrud||Mayur Colony , Bal Shikshan Mandir|
|13th May||9:30 am to 12:00 pm||Pimpri-Chinchwad||Jnanaprabodhini Navsagar Vidyalay|
|14th May||9:30 am to 12:00 pm||Kothrud||Mayur Colony , Bal Shikshan Mandir|
|20th May||9:30 am to 12:00 pm||Pashan||Lokseva e-school, Sus road|
|28th May||9:30 am to 12:00 pm||Kothrud||Mayur Colony , Bal Shikshan Mandir|
|3rd June||9:30 am to 12:00 pm||Balewadi||D-Mart building, Baner road|
|4th June||9:30 am to 12:00 pm||Kothrud||Mayur Colony , Bal Shikshan Mandir|
|10th June||9:30 am to 12:00 pm||Kothrud||Mayur Colony , Bal Shikshan Mandir|
|School Kit Drive 2017 – Mumbai Assembly Schedule|
|14th May||10 am to 12 pm||Thane||Shri Ram Vyayam Shala, Dr. Moose road, Talao Pali, next to Red Gym, Thane West.|
|21st May||10 am to 12 pm||Dadar||IES Ashlane school, Babrekar Marg, Shivaji Park, Dadar west|
|28th May||10 am to 12 pm||Navi Mumbai||S. S. High school, Nerul, Navi Mumbai|
|28th May||10 am to 12 pm||Goregaon East, Mumbai||Indoor Play Area, DB Woods, Near Gokuldham Temple, Goregaon East|
|04th June||10 am to 12 pm||Mahalaxmi||Club House, Vivarea, Saat Rasta (Jacob Circle), Mahalaxmi, Mumbai - 11|